Webinar: EHR Selection & Implementation Tips

Using electronic health records (EHRs) in a meaningful way can help providers offer higher quality care to their patients and create tangible improvements to their practices, allowing them to:

  • Make better clinical decisions with health information that is easier to access, more complete, and has greater security
  • Improve the coordination of care across medical settings with multiple providers
  • Increase operational efficiency by enhancing practice management and communication systems

Providers can face significant administrative, financial, operational, technical, and infrastructure challenges when implementing an EHR system and getting to meaningful use. You have the opportunity to learn effective ways to manage these key issues.  This webinar presented by HITEC-LA will help providers understand the following topics:

LEARNING OBJECTIVE 1: EHR SELECTION TIPS

With hundreds of EHR products available, where do you start? What are the most important things to know before choosing a vendor? Participants will learn how to evaluate and compare EHR products and vendors.

LEARNING OBJECTIVE 2: PREPARING FOR IMPLEMENTATION

Understand the wide range of tasks performed during an EHR implementation, and be able to identify the essential factors required for success. Topics include: site preparation, implementation planning, transition strategies, chart conversion, and management of issues.

LEARNING OBJECTIVE 3: GO-LIVE AND POST-LIVE EXPECTATIONS

Prepare for go-live the very same day that you begin to use your EHR. Once implementation planning is complete, workflows and processes are in place, and the practice staff is prepared for the transition, it’s time to put your EHR system to work. Topics include: training, testing, and post go-live review.

LEARNING OBJECTIVE 4: IDENTIFY CURRENT AND FUTURE EHR CHALLENGES

How does a practice get the most out of its EHR? Avoid the trap of using some elements of your EHR program while still maintaining a semblance of the paper chart environment. Using an EHR in a meaningful way is an all-or-nothing commitment. During initial training you will retain about 60% of what you are taught; you will make up for the other 40% through trial-and-error. Participants will learn how to analyze the current utilization of their EHR, and be able to identify ways to maximize its potential.

Click here to view this webinar

Download the following materials for the session: